Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm doing a book report and have a few book choices on the list to consider. Help me decide which to choose?

I like fast paced novels without too much description and an interesting plot.Tell me if you've read/liked these:



- Black Like Me (Griffin)

- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Green)

- The Cider House Rules (John Irving)

- Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury)

- Something Wicked This Way Comes (Ray Bradbury)

- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Christie)



Thanks.

I'm doing a book report and have a few book choices on the list to consider. Help me decide which to choose?
Black like me.

great book

so are the others ,
Reply:I've read, and enjoyed, all of them. Cider House Rules is a beautiful story, with a supremely interesting plot.

Black Like Me is a compelling and poignant story.

And Roger Ackroyd is classic Agatha Christie. It's interesting to compare Christie's stories with the modern mystery stories - she manages without high tech intervention and writes great descriptions.

That's not much help, is it? I'm afraid you've presented a short list of some of my favorites and I'd cheerfully go with any one of them.


  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment